Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, March 1, 2012

These Old Boots...

I don't know about you, but hiding out in my closet from the fashion police is a pair of old shoes... platform sandals...an old pair of thick Sketchers that are like walking on air...wrapped in silky soft fabric...

They're red, white and blue. Yep.

Worn for many summers...should be retired, but no matter how worn the fabric, how 'off' the white...I just can't give them up! Even if it means I only wear them out into the yard where no one else can see...

Hence the inspiration for this card...using "Old Boots" and "Western Boots" stamps from The March Stamp of the Month Program available today exclusively from your participating local stores!

And because us girls aren't the only ones that need a little upkeep, I decided to make this one a masculine card - a.k.a. sans ribbon and girly colors.


I know it's hard to tell from the above photo that this is a window card...so here's another picture for ya'll!




The sentiment stamp "Old Boots" is one stamp, three lines. I only stamped the first two on the front and stamped the last line by itself to use on the inside of the card...


If you look closely at the "Western Boots" stamp it has flowers on it - definitely girly! To remedy that bit I just used a cotton swab and dabbed it on the embossing powder to 'erase' the flowers before I hit it with the heat gun. Easy peasy!


Pssst! If you haven't signed up to be a follower, hurry up - you don't want to miss out on any of the March fun that's being stirred up around here!

Inky hugs,
Angi

*Stamp of the Month Program stamps

Stamps: Great Impressions *Old Boots (E752), *Western Boots (E754), Distressed Background (K94)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Versamark Watermark
Paper: Authentique Journey Explore, Kraft Cardstock, White Cardstock
Other: Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder Walnut, copper embossing powder, copper brads, Spellbinders Nesties Rectangles, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

5 comments :

Jenny said...

Beautiful work Angi! Those boots look nice and worn and comfy to boot :) Loving the window too!

Dawnll said...

Love this design!
I have my original cowboy boots from the 80's wouldn't give them up for anything! lol

Deloris said...

Another fabulous card! Love the layout you used and those boots are so cute.

(Another stamp I need to add to my growing wish list.)

April said...

Wow...I love this card...the window idea is awesome!

Shanna Shands said...

love it. I wish I could rock boots and feel comfortable! I'm a Ugg kind of girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...